Wednesday, August 29, 2012

More News

This past weekend, my husband and I had the great fortune to finally meet our intended parents in person! They flew in earlier in the week but between their appointments and our busy schedule, it wasn't possible to get together until Sunday evening. Thankfully we were able to find a sitter for the kids and so we were able to give them our undivided attention and get to know them a little bit better.

Our time at dinner passed all too quickly and before we knew it, it was time to go home. We got some photos together and said our goodbyes. Hubby and I were both very pleased to know that we chose a wonderful couple to help grow a family. It made us feel even more excited to get the actual medical stuff started!

Three days prior, I was able to review the details of our contract with my attorney. Thankfully, there were only a few minor details for which we requested changes. By the time we met over the weekend, the IP's were just waiting to meet with their attorney again to discuss the changes they had and to review what we had requested.

The next day, Hubby stayed home with the kids and I drove to the IVF clinic to meet in person with the IP's and the doctor and nurse coordinator. We had some more time to talk (yay!) and verified that we were in agreement over several major points regarding the transfer, pregnancy and delivery. Unfortunately, that too ended all too soon and I was headed back home...

I really felt like we made a good connection this weekend and aside from being excited to move forward with the surrogacy process, I'm also appreciative of the fact that I've had a chance to become friends with some really fantastic people!

At this point, I'm to contact the clinic around mid-September to start taking medications to begin cycling with the egg donor. Barring any unforeseen delays, it seems as though we're anticipating our first transfer (hopefully the only one needed) around the end of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment