Thursday, August 16, 2012

Get Ready, Get Set... Wait!

There is a recurring theme to this blog. It's something like, "Hurry Up and Wait." Thankfully my family's summer activities have more than filled the days and so I haven't gone too crazy waiting for more to happen with this surrogacy project!

My IF's (intended fathers) are coming to the States very soon! They have their travel dates to do all their initial appointments with the RE (reproductive endocrinologist) office. My husband and I will finally be meeting them in person before the end of August. After our meeting, we'll be having a group meeting with the doctor in charge of this surrogacy to be sure we have all the information we need and to discuss how everything moves forward in the actual clinic.

From what I understand, the big holdup is the contracts. I believe the egg donor contract is completed and signed, but mine is still in the works. I think it's being sent to my IF's this week, but I'll truly only feel better once they can say they have it... Once they sign it, it will come back to me for review. Once the paperwork is completed, it will be time to start cycling with the egg donor.

Initially, I had hoped everything would move forward enough that we might be looking at a transfer at the end of August or by mid-September... but because the contracts have taken so long, I'm thinking it will probably be more like the end of September or mid-October. As always - it will be wait and see.

In the past, I've mentioned my hope to lose a couple of pounds before beginning medications for the surrogacy. So far, I've had no luck - mostly because I have no willpower if there's snack foods in the house. (and I'm a big-time ice cream junkie, which makes summertime "dieting" a lot harder!). But my husband has finally decided he wants to join in too, which is always a tremendous help to me. So... here's to saying goodbye to 5-10 pounds in the next month or so!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment