Monday, October 8, 2012

Dealing with Disappointment

Today was supposed to be a big, exciting day! I was finally able to call the IVF clinic and get set up with medications to cycle with the egg donor. But instead, there was a big letdown. When I called, I was informed that something happened with the egg donor and our cycling is going to be delayed for 6-8 more weeks. So now we're looking at a late December or mid-January transfer.... unless.... unless I get unexpected good news when I call next month. I will be keeping all my fingers crossed for a nice surprise next time!

In the meantime, I get to have a hysteroscopy and a mock transfer later this month. These fun procedures are done so that when the time comes for the real transfer, they have all the measurements and information they need to do it perfectly. At least it's something to pass the time.

More waiting...

Monday, October 1, 2012

A Big Announcement

Since my last update, our timeline has slowed down a bit. Our contracts hit a snag in trying to arrange all the pre-birth order / post-birth adoption details. It's finally all been done and we're signing the paperwork tomorrow or the day after, but because of the delay, we didn't get to start cycling in September. But... it looks like we'll begin in just a few more days and then we're off and running!

For those hopeful surrogates-to-be who might be reading this, I do plan to post an easy-to-follow version of our timeline once I get the IVF schedule. It's the kind of detail I've wondered about for months, so I hope you'll find it helpful.

So since everything is on the cusp of being finalized, I was no longer able to wait patiently (or impatiently) to tell all my online friends about this exciting adventure. I got to make my big announcement on Facebook and there was a lovely outpouring of support. I think it's lovely that others can appreciate how much this means to both the intended parents and myself. It really makes me look forward to being able to share this journey with others....

Hopefully, the next update will bring news of "the plan" and maybe a hopeful transfer date. In my own head, I'm guessing that maybe it will be right around Thanksgiving but who knows....