Monday, October 1, 2012

A Big Announcement

Since my last update, our timeline has slowed down a bit. Our contracts hit a snag in trying to arrange all the pre-birth order / post-birth adoption details. It's finally all been done and we're signing the paperwork tomorrow or the day after, but because of the delay, we didn't get to start cycling in September. But... it looks like we'll begin in just a few more days and then we're off and running!

For those hopeful surrogates-to-be who might be reading this, I do plan to post an easy-to-follow version of our timeline once I get the IVF schedule. It's the kind of detail I've wondered about for months, so I hope you'll find it helpful.

So since everything is on the cusp of being finalized, I was no longer able to wait patiently (or impatiently) to tell all my online friends about this exciting adventure. I got to make my big announcement on Facebook and there was a lovely outpouring of support. I think it's lovely that others can appreciate how much this means to both the intended parents and myself. It really makes me look forward to being able to share this journey with others....

Hopefully, the next update will bring news of "the plan" and maybe a hopeful transfer date. In my own head, I'm guessing that maybe it will be right around Thanksgiving but who knows....

1 comment:

  1. Kerin, How exactly did you start your announcement? I've been wanting to share with everyone especially my family in California since I'm in Utah. I just don't know what to even say or how to say it. We are in our 2ww right now. We did 2-FET on the 4th of April, we find out this Tuesday the 16th the results of our Beta. Thank you so much for your blog, I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete